Wednesday, April 21, 2010

procrastination at its finest

i have a huge senior thesis project to finish. should i be doing a post right now? absolutely not.

anywho... i have a new favorite blog. i think it's a weekly thing for me. last week (though i didn't tell you about it) i was obsessed with the woman who illustrates "missed connections."

this week it's Hyperbole and a Half. i found about it while browsing on R29 (am i getting any work done around here? no.), and fell instantly in love. and how could i not? with blog posts like this one, titled:

"I'll Sell The Shit Out of Your Tacos"




not falling in love was made further impossible when they did an entire post on how to cope with poor grammar. TRUTH: my daily vernacular is often flawed. i say "like" far too often, and i have an awful habit of saying "on accident" instead of "by accident." ok and i can't spell without spellcheck but STILL-- i would never write such travesties and i HATE to read them.

an excerpt:

...But there is one grammatical mistake that I particularly enjoy encountering. It has become almost fun for me to come across people who take the phrase "a lot" and condense it down into one word, because when someone says "alot," this is what I imagine:

*the picture was cut off when i re-posted it. it said "alot," not, "alo"

The Alot is an imaginary creature that I made up to help me deal with my compulsive need to correct other people's grammar. It kind of looks like a cross between a bear, a yak and a pug, and it has provided hours of entertainment for me in a situation where I'd normally be left feeling angry and disillusioned with the world...

Read the rest of this hilarious post here. I promise it will brighten you're day.

...

OMG GOTCHYA!! YOU THOUGHT I USED THE INCORRECT VERSION of YOUR, DIDN'T YOU? Have a little more faith in me.

one more thing: i want these topshop fants-pants-make-me-wanna-dants shoes.

just go with me one this one. i'll make them look cool, promise.

1 comment: